Re: So what do people do now?

PossessedSniper wrote:

Since my last update I'm now working at Turtle Beach.  Any of the rest of y'all end up in Videogame related things.

Yep.

I work at Gearbox Software.

We need some sort of Blizzpub meetup day.  Everyone logs in and kick the forum back to life tongue

(Except Billmaan.. You aren't invited)

http://www.metroplexmini.org/gallery//albums/userpics/12255/normal_ribsbanner2.jpg

You gotta set a time and day!

http://www.lusogamer.com/live/xbox_2/gamercard_default_compact/DKardinal.png

Oh geez, registered in 2002.  Graduated 2005... Joined the Air Force in 2006.  Lived in Korea, England, Deployed, traveled to 15 countries, moved to Idaho, got married.  Wow.  Hey guys.

Mr.D wrote:

Currently working for Apple. Recently was in charge of training a flagship store for iPhone 4S launch. Still huge blizzard nerd, still playing WoW (on Mal'Ganis now).

Yo, Mr. D.  I'm on Mal'Ganis.  My main is Trygveseim

Financial aid fell through in 08 (like everything else in the country) so I ended up managing hotels for 4 years somehow. Realized it was absolutely awful and not what I wanted to do in life so now I'm going to be a marine electrician?

edit: haha goddamn look at that signature

Last edited by Darkchylde (2012-06-22 22:11)

War3Pub.net's Empath
Generals of W3P: http://www.geocities.com/chrisisdiablo/index.html
http://img39.exs.cx/img39/9349/sigga2.jpg
[size=5]<Quick_Silver> your insuperiority is only outshined by your stupidity[/size]

lindseymichelle4 wrote:

I go to bed at the end of the day happy.  That, to me, is worth more than any college education or job title.

I'm 24 now, living in a good house with a man I love, and we are expecting our first child in August.  And I still have my cat.

Up the turnpike in Stillwater? How do you pull all that off there?

Mostly kidding. Didn't know you settled down so close. I used to go to Stillwater all the time, still do once in a blue moon for an SCA event or whatevs.

War3Pub's Official Former Pub Staff Panda!

George Stephanopoulos > Chuck Norris.

Bloody hell, this site still exists? yikes
I think that since the last time I was here I finished my army service, found a job, worked at it for nearly 5 years, left, found a new job, and in between had time to thoroughly give up on a comp sci degree.

War3Pub's Israeli Defence Elf
Come visit my formerly glorious site!

You can lead a camel to the water cooler, but you cannot make it drink.

Posting in this thread again because why not!

I graduated 15 months ago and tomorrow is my one year anniversary with Microsoft. It's been a crazy year working on Windows 8 and IE10, but stimulating work and I love it.

It's 9 years and some change that I joined this community, so I guess it was the summer before I started high school. Good lord.

I remember why I joined, too. I'd been working on a "Golems" style custom map for RoC and was having trouble getting a custom building to work they way I wanted it to.

I miss trivia in IRC sad

The artist formerly known as Viserys.

Huh. Win8, huh?

Can you tell anything about it? Should I save my pennies and make the jump over Win7 from XP?

AlucardCrane wrote:

Huh. Win8, huh?

Can you tell anything about it? Should I save my pennies and make the jump over Win7 from XP?

I don't know for sure, but I heard rumors that windows 8 for consumers is going to cost less than previous versions, something more in the $30-$50 range than in the $80-$180 range (This probably has to do with the fact that the last 3 OSX updates cost in the $20-$30 range).  So that may be reason enough if you're considering putting your own cash down for an OS.

http://card.mygamercard.net/mini/crastor.pnghttp://myanimelist.net/signature/crast.png
"Throw away logic and kick reason to the curb"

Huh. Well, alrighty then. Sounds like a plan already, then. yikes

P.S. ilu, Crast. <3

What is funny is I copy all of my links over and set up everything exactly right so War3Pub has been on my toolbar for about a decade even though I stopped coming here years and years ago. I just accidentally clicked the link and saw there were recent posts.

I think I was a junior in high school when I started coming to the site. I am now a Software Engineer working on secret stuff.

Weird too because me and Legal_My_Deagle were just reminiscing about War3Pub, and that stupid browser game we were all playing that caused huge amounts of drama.

big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
mad:mad::mad::mad::D:D:mad::mad::mad::D:D:mad::D
big_smile:D:D:mad::D:D:D:mad::D:D:D:mad::D
big_smile:D:D:mad::D:D:D:mad::D:D:D:mad::D
big_smile:D:D:D:mad::D:D:mad::D:D:mad::D:D
big_smile:D:D:D:D:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::D:D:D
big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:mad::D:D:D:D:D
big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:mad::D:D:D:D:D

lol gang wars?

I think the browser game he was talking about was the Tab Creations game that some of my friends were working on.  We had like 3 war3pub guilds.  The one I was in was "The Syndicate," if I remember right.  Pretty sure Adam was in my guild too and one of the heaviest hitters.

It didn't last long, but did indeed cause an extreme amount of drama.

...Unless of course there was another browser game to which I wasn't made aware.

To the subject line... What I'm doing now... I graduated with an English degree, and am now working in a procurement office.  As far as hobbies, I still play video games (mostly league of legends when I do)  and tabletop game.  And that's about it.

If Kevin Costner were a super hero, his super power would be the ability to always find a rope of proper length and tensility coiled at his feet.

Dugalle and I both play League of Legends sporadically! You can add us @ SansSariph (me) and DHSWC (him).

The artist formerly known as Viserys.

LiQuiDcHeEsE wrote:

I think the browser game he was talking about was the Tab Creations game that some of my friends were working on.  We had like 3 war3pub guilds.  The one I was in was "The Syndicate," if I remember right.  Pretty sure Adam was in my guild too and one of the heaviest hitters.

It didn't last long, but did indeed cause an extreme amount of drama.

...Unless of course there was another browser game to which I wasn't made aware.

To the subject line... What I'm doing now... I graduated with an English degree, and am now working in a procurement office.  As far as hobbies, I still play video games (mostly league of legends when I do)  and tabletop game.  And that's about it.

What sort of Tabletop gaming? I've been doing a lot of Warmachine/Hordes recently.

Yeah, I've got a Retribution of Scyrah WarMachine Army and I just started a Legion of Everblight Hordes army.  I also play Skaven, WHFB, and try desperately to avoid playing 40k... wink

If Kevin Costner were a super hero, his super power would be the ability to always find a rope of proper length and tensility coiled at his feet.

LiQuiDcHeEsE wrote:

Yeah, I've got a Retribution of Scyrah WarMachine Army and I just started a Legion of Everblight Hordes army.  I also play Skaven, WHFB, and try desperately to avoid playing 40k... wink

I'm a Protectorate of Menoth man myself I love pretty much everything about the faction. I picked up some Circle just last week to have something different. I figure the Wurm & Menoth make for a good set too. I used to play 40k with some Space Wolves. However I jumped ship from GW Products a while back. I love their IPs, but their rules guys couldn't write a manual for drinking water much less a workable game engine.

What's up guys! Lots of familiar names smile

Randomly wandered into here again... I'm now living in San Francisco, working in corporate strategy for one of the F500 tech/financial services companies in the area. Funny how time flies...

I stumbled across this site a few days ago. It took me so long to post because I had to go back in time and kick the shit out of myself for some of my older posts.

Warheart wrote:

I stumbled across this site a few days ago. It took me so long to post because I had to go back in time and kick the shit out of myself for some of my older posts.

I just pretend they don't exist.

Sold the rights to The Yummy Peon for $1.2 million.

Wow, I actually found this again by accident. I really miss everyone...I remember some of the names of the posters in this thread. Are any of the other original folks still hanging around?

I was in high school when I first joined war3pub, back when RoC was in beta. After graduating university, I did consulting, followed by M&A at a private company, and now I'm running one of the businesses the company bought. Also married for the last 2 years and super happy because it.

I really hope to hear about everyone!

omghi

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/bangwangbang.png
http://bigweeners.myminicity.com/

Just spent a few days working an booth at Pax Prime in Seattle.  Made me think about this place for some reason...